Friday, February 26, 2010

"Mommywood"



I love reading and thought I could add this to my blog. I am going to post a little review on every book that I read and then that can give you some idea if you want to read the book as well. I know as a busy stay at home mom, my reading is my time!! I love to get caught up in a book and forget about all the laundry, cleaning or feeding that needs done for a little bit.


I just finished reading "Mommywood". I picked this book because I was a huge 90210 fan. I also enjoy reading books that are written by other mothers'. I love getting new advice and ideas that other moms do.
Well Mommywood isn't as good as I thought it would be. It had it's funny parts and was an easy quick read. Being a mother of a girl she talks about the problem of dirty diapers going up the vajayjay. She has a phrase that really tells it all "Poo up the Pus" kinda diaper! I about died laughing cause I know that I have had million of those moments! I really couldn't relate to a lot that she had to say about raising her kids.. Maybe, cause I am not a millionaire would be my guess. haha. She did though want to live the normal mom life and I really agreed with her on that. She wanted to live in a small neighborhood where everyone knew each other and kids played all summer long together. I know as Corey and I are getting closer to buying our final home that it is on my list of musts! Her personality did seem to remind me of myself some. In the book she talks into details about how she is scared of everything and anything pretty much. Not a lot of people know that but that is totally me! I can come up with a scary situation for everything. If Kerhia is doing something that looks harmful and is having fun, I could list you all the ways she could get hurt by doing it more than looking at the fun part. She is such the party planner as well and that is something I love to do! I would host something at my house every week if I could come up with things to do. She has the goal of making birthdays a big event for her children and that is something I always wanted to do as well. She had live monkeys at her son's first birthday bash.. Sorry, kids I don't think there will ever be any monkeys on our guest list!
That is my review on the book "Mommywood" hope my blog was any help to you about reading the book or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment