Monday, May 23, 2011

Bread Experiment

When it comes to baking one of my favorite things to bake are breads. I love how much time and thought have to be put into beautiful loafs.
I decided to try from scratch on my own bread recipe. Therefore, I made a Sundried Tomato, Parmesan, & Rosemary bread.

Here is the recipe for you all to enjoy!
2 Cups of flour (All purpose)
2 tsp. of baking powder
½ tsp. of baking soda
½ tsp. of salt
¾ Cup of chopped up fresh parmesan cheese
½ cup of chopped up sun dried tomato
3 tbsp. of chopped fresh rosemary
1 cup of buttermilk
¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
1 large egg

1). Preheat oven to 375* coat loaf pan with non-stick spray. I use olive oil and extra flour to coat all my pans.
2). Mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt) in a large mixing bowl (I used my kitchenaid). In a separate mixing bowl, mix egg, olive oil, buttermilk all together. Add slowly to the dry ingredients using the kitchenaid hook & begin mixing.
3). Add in the chopped parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and rosemary. Mix the dough with kitchenaid hook till formed into a nice ball.
4). Put the bread dough into loaf pan and cook until a tooth pick comes out clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment