Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Super Qucik Pizza Dough




The girls and I love making pizza but as any busy mom knows sometimes it is a super pain to wait 2 hours then 2 more and then oh now you can make the pizza.


This recipe is done right away, no more yucky can pizza dough for the Stacy household on a busy day. This pizza is done before Pizza Hut can deliver!




1 tbsp. active dry yeast


1 cup of warm water (105-115 degrees F)


1 tsp. sugar


1 tsp. salt


2 tbsp. Vegetable oil ( I use Extra-Virgin Olive oil)


*Read: Teresa Guidice's cookbook on why I never use Veggie oil!! Eww.


2 1/2 cups of flour




Dissolve the yeast into the water. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Dump onto a floured surface and knead till smooth. That's about 5 mins. or so. Roll out and press down on a greased pizza pan. Add toppings. Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes!


So simple!




The pizza I made tonight, doesn't call for red sauce. I roll out my dough in pan. I then brush olive oil & fresh minced garlic on it. I pop it inside my oven, let it stay for 3 mins. Take it out and add a little more olive oil & garlic. Then add my toppings. Tonight, I used fresh mozzarella, Italian seasoning, bell pepper, sliced tomato, rosemary & pepperoni. Delish!


You can really use anything you want, mushrooms, zucchini, onion and more!


I use what I have that I know needs used. & it is a healthier version of an awesome pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment